Skip to content



If you need immediate emergency medical assistance for yourself or someone else, please call local emergency services for support. To find the equivalent to "911" abroad, please refer to this U.S. State Department reference.


  • Victim of a Crime
  • Death of a UA Traveler
  • Missing Person
  • Unsafe Environment due to threats including (but not limited to): civil or political unrest, natural disaster, disease outbreak, or terrorism
Call or text the UA's security provider, Drum Cussac, at any time, identifying yourself as a University of Arizona faculty, staff, or student in need of assistance:
  • Call: +44 1202 937 401
  • Text: +44 7766 556 078


An incident is considered a non-critical event that does not require a high-level UA response. Please follow these steps:

  1. Obtain medical assistance, if needed (insurance information below).

    If your travel registration is in the UA Global Travel Registry:

    Insurance Carrier: Zurich Travel Assist
    Phone: +1 647-775-9044 (if calling from outside the U.S. or Canada) / 844-593-8860 (if calling from within the U.S. or Canada)

    When calling please identify yourself as an insured of Zurich in North America and have the following Information to have on-hand for the call:
    Organization:     State of Arizona
    Policy No:           GTU 3032184

    If you are on a trip or program registered with UAbroad (UA Study Abroad)

    Insurance Carrier: GeoBlue
    Phone: +1 610-254-8771

    For both insurance carriers, be prepared to provide the following information, if possible:

         - Caller's phone number, relationship to traveler
         - Traveler’s name, age, gender
         - Description of incident and traveler(s) condition(s)
         - Name, location, and phone number of hospital, if applicable
         - Name and contact information for treating physician, if applicable
  2. Contact (in the following order):

    UA Global Travel Director, Jill Calderón +1 (520) 626-4931 /

    UA International Risk Analyst, Federico Guajardo, +1 (520) 621-1755 /
    UA Global Travel at +1 (520) 621-1063 /
  3. Last, ensure the incident has been properly recorded:
  • For Employees: contact the home department as soon as possible and request that someone:
    • Call Risk Management Services at 520-621-1790
    • Complete an online Employee Injury Report/Non-Employee Incident Report, if applicable
  • For Study Abroad programs and Field Trips: submit the online incident report and confirm report is received.