Skip to content

Welcome to the University of Arizona International Travel Registry

Please read the FAQ below before registering

Due to continuing international tensions, the University has suspended all travel to Ukraine, Russia and Belarus until further notice, effective immediately.

***If you have upcoming international travel, please review the "COVID Travel Advice" section prior to your departure***
COVID-19 has brought about fundamental changes to international travel.
Please see the CDC’s Travel Guidelines website and the Department of State’s COVID-19 Travel Information page
for information about international travel risks and restrictions.

Anyone traveling internationally is strongly urged to follow CDC guidance on returning from international travel
The CDC has additional information for fully vaccinated travelers which includes fewer restrictions.

Please see UA testing locations and hours here.
After you return from international travel:
If you are not vaccinated, even if you test negative before you travel or after you arrive, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
If your test is positive, isolate yourself for 10 days from the date of the positive test to protect others from getting infected.

If you are not vaccinated and don’t get tested after you return, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
**Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.

Please do not return to campus during the self-quarantine periods.

Travelers should also be aware of requirement for entering the United States.
Please see the CDC International Travel Requirements and Recommendations. for more information.  


Do I have to register my travel?
If you are a UA employee, student, volunteer, participant, or Designated Campus Colleague (DCC) traveling outside the U.S. 50 states* on official UA business, you are required, under the UA Interim International Travel Safety and Compliance Policy, to register your upcoming travel at least 30 days prior to departing. *Please Note: you do not need to register international travel that is purely for personal purposes.

Why do I have to register my travel?
The UA International Travel Registry facilitates compliance with federal regulations and enables rapid location and communication in an emergency (e.g. natural disasters, civil unrest, etc.).

When do I need to register my travel?
As soon as possible; at least 30 days prior to departure.

How do I get started with registering my travel?
Gather information, documents and tips listed on the Know Before You Go Travel Checklist. 

Then, select the appropriate registration button below to initiate your registration:

Faculty/Staff Button Select if you are a UA faculty or staff member traveling in the course and scope of UA employment or representation, regardless of possible reimbursement of travel expenses.

Graduate Button Select if you are a UA graduate student traveling abroad as a UA student (e.g. conducting dissertation research, attending an academic conference) and you are not receiving academic credit as a result of the travel (Exceptions: see below)

Undergrad Button Select if you are a UA undergraduate student traveling abroad as a UA student (e.g. attending an academic conference) and you are not receiving academic credit as a result of the travel (Exceptions: see below)

Proxy ButtonSelect if you are administrative staff authorized by your department to complete a travel registry on behalf of a faculty or staff member. Proxy registration is currently permitted for traveling UA faculty and staff only. 

Cleared individuals should visit the following page to register their travel: Cleared Individual Travel

Exceptions: if you are a UA undergraduate or graduate student traveling abroad for a single day without an overnight stay, register your travel using the appropriate Undergraduate Travel or Graduate Travel registration buttons above regardless of whether academic credit will be awarded in conjunction with the travel.

Credit-Bearing Student Travel: If you are a UA student participating in a program/trip abroad that includes at least one overnight stay and you will be receiving academic credit as a result of the travel, then you will need to receive a registration link from your program/trip’s Program Lead or Arizona International to register your travel. Please DO NOT register your travel using the registration links above.

Travel to Higher Risk Locations: Certain locations are considered higher risk and the reasons for this designation range from high rates of violent crime to disease outbreaks. For those registering travel to a higher risk location, UA International Travel will email the traveler asking for Supplemental Travel Information prior to submitting the travel for review by the University's International Travel Safety & Oversight Committee (ITSOC). Additionally, UA International Travel will reach out to the traveler's University Department to seek confirmation as to whether this travel is deemed "essential".

Trouble with the new user interface?
Click here for help.

*If you are traveling to any U.S. territories outside the 50 states on official UA business, you are required to register your travel 30 days in advance of departure.